Latest revision on 25th February 2021
Effective on 25th February 2021
Information and Your Use of Plozee
When you use Plozee, we collect the content and other information you provide. This includes information used to create your account, preferences, and the content or information you post to Plozee. Your username and information you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on Plozee.
Your contributions to Plozee, and the metadata about them (eg. date of post), are publicly viewable on Plozee, along with your username and profile information. This information may be searched by search engines and may be republished elsewhere in accordance with our User Agreement.
We may use your email address to send you service-related notices. Clear GIFs may be included in emails sent to our users to determine whether the message has been opened.
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in a promotion, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise interact with us. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use Plozee, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
We may log information when you access and use Plozee. This may include the date and time you used Plozee, your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, geolocation information, operating system, referral URLs and exit pages, device information (eg. device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (eg. voting data), hardware settings, platform type, pages viewed, amount of time spent on particular pages, search terms and other similar information.
Linked Network information
If you choose to access Plozee via a Linked Network (eg. Facebook, Google), we receive certain profile and account information about you from the Linked Network. The specific information provided to us by Linked Networks is determined by you, and this information is used to create your user profile on Plozee. Please consult their respective privacy policies for information about their practices. You can revoke this consent at any time via the settings options of the Linked Network, and you may also choose to disassociate your Plozee account with the Linked Network by contacting us.
We may receive information from cookies, which are small text files that your browser stores and sends back to us when you access or use Plozee. This information is used to improve your experience, understand user activity, customise content and advertisements to match your interests, and improve the quality of Plozee. The following cookies may be used:
- Authentication and security cookies. These cookies enable you to remain logged into Plozee and verify that it is you as you use Plozee.
- Analytics and research cookies. These cookies help us to better understand how people use Plozee, for example, how often certain features are used and what content generates user activity.
- Product features and settings cookies. These cookies enable the functionality of some features of Plozee, in particular to personalise your experience on Plozee and to store your preferences and settings.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies help us deliver relevant ads to you and measure the performance of ads.
Most browsers provide you with the option to not accept cookies, however, please note that this may prevent you from having access to some functions or features of Plozee.
How We Use Your information (Lawful Basis for Processing)
Under the transparency provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we may use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve Plozee and diagnose any service or technical problems with Plozee.
- Maintain security and help protect the safety of Plozee and our users. This may include tracking User Content and users in order to comply with applicable laws, blocking spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the Plozee User Agreement.
- Send you updates of a technical, security, customer service, support or administrative nature.
- Provide customer service and support.
- Analyse how Plozee is used, such as reviewing trends, user interactions, and activity in connection with Plozee.
- Customise Plozee and provide advertisements, content and features that align with your interests and preferences.
Our lawful basis, therefore, as set out in Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, is legitimate interests.
Information may be shared with other users and the public when you use Plozee. For example:
- When you submit a situation, insight or comment to Plozee, users and people who access Plozee will be able to see the content of your situation, insight or comment, your username, and the date and time you originally submitted the contribution.
- When other users view your profile information or profile page, they will be able to see information about you and your activities on Plozee.
- When your contributions on Plozee are published on syndicated channels, people may see your username / display name, your contributions and link to your profile page.
We may also share your information as follows:
- With third party service providers for the purpose of running and maintaining Plozee. For example, to providers of infrastructure such as servers, hosting or other support.
- With entities that partner with us to provide offerings such as promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request, including, but not limited to meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- For the purposes of user support, fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, product development and de-bugging, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Plozee, its users, or members of the public, including in response to an emergency if we believe it is necessary for a person’s security.
- If we are required to do so by law or to comply with legal process, enforce or administer our agreements with users (such as Plozee’s User Agreement).
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User Agreement or to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves and others.
- Between and among Plozee and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent or at your direction.
Sharing Information with Other Media
We may offer social sharing features or other related tools that let you and others share your content or actions you take on Plozee with other media. Your use of these features enables you to share certain information with your friends and / or the public, depending on the settings you’ve selected with the third party (eg. Facebook, Twitter).
For information about data collection and processing in relation to social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (eg. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc.). In accordance with our User Agreement, you agree that you and others have the option to share and disseminate your User Content to other media.
Advertising and Analytics Partners
We may partner with third-party analytics providers, advertisers and ad networks to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of Plozee. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
Advertisers and Ad Networks
We may use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for Plozee. For example, we may use analytics partners to analyze, in aggregate, the number of unique visitors to Plozee.
In adherence with the EU General Data Protection Regulation’s ‘security principle’, we take reasonable measures (organisational and technical safeguards) to protect information about you. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to Plozee or guarantee that your information on Plozee may not be accessed, lost, stolen, misused, altered, disclosed or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
Plozee is not intended or directed at individuals under the age of 13 (or under the age of 14 for anyone living in Spain or South Korea), and thus they should not create an account or otherwise access or use Plozee.
Account Information and Your Choices
We may provide you with tools that allow you to control information that is associated with your Plozee account. For example:
- You may delete insights and comments that you submit on Plozee.
- You may decline to submit information through Plozee, in which case Plozee may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- You may update / alter your account information.
- You may delete your Plozee account.
If you decide to delete your account, some or all of the User Content you submit on Plozee may remain visible to others.
Please note that we may not be able to control removal of your User Content on syndicated channels or other distributed methods outside of Plozee.
We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account. Legitimate business purposes may be the practice of detail suppression. For example, following a request from a user to be removed from a marketing communications list, we may retain just enough information about them to ensure that their preferences are respected in the future. Detail suppression allows us to ensure we do not send marketing communications to people who have asked us not to, and also means we have a record against which we can check any new marketing lists.
Links to Other Websites
We are based in England, United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by English Law. By accessing or using Plozee or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the UK and other countries.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights when you access or use Plozee:
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access. You have the right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to have your personal data erased. Please see the ‘Account Information and Your Choices’ section for more information.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data. Our compliance with your right to restriction in certain circumstances means that Plozee may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes. With respect to User Content, please see the ‘User Content’ and ‘User Content and your license’ sections in our User Agreement.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Our compliance with your right to object in certain circumstances means that Plozee may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.